Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Manga Review: A Devil and Her Love Song, Volume 10, by Miyoshi Tomori



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Publish Date: August, 2013
Volumes: 13
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A moving coming-of-age story that showcases a fierce, dynamic heroine who speaks her mind. Meet Maria Kawai—she’s gorgeous and whip-smart, a girl who seems to have it all. But when she unleashes her sharp tongue, it’s no wonder some consider her to be the very devil! Maria’s difficult ways even get her kicked out of an elite school, but this particular fall may actually turn out to be her saving grace...

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen audiences.

Something Specific:
Quote:
  • "'You don’t find the right moment. You go out there and make it!’” I just love Yusuke, you guys.

Review:

This volume was very big for both Maria and Shin. It was huge. And I don’t want to spoil it, so this might be short.
Shin finally decides to stand tall, go for what he wants, and he’s very forward and determined about this, finally. There’s a big mess up because of this, but Maria does her best to fix that, and Shin doesn’t seem to have fallen back too far. Something huge happens to Maria, both with Shin and her past. And it’s just huge, and the downfall of it’s huge, and I just feel so bad for her. But I’m also really glad that she has her friends, and that they’re all so good and loyal to her. There was a scene with her girl friends, and that was really nice, and really good for her.
Like I said, I don’t want to spoil it. But it was huge, a huge step forward, a huge step to get going. But then there’s the fact that… I don’t know how I feel about Shin, in romantic relations with Maria. And Kurosu says something at the end that I’m a little unsure about. Because I don’t know if Shin and Maria are good together or not, if they can grow together and help each other as people. I’m really iffy.
I’m not sure where this is going, and I’m really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment