Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Manga Review: Missions of Love, Volume 3, by Ema Toyama



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: April 2013
Volumes: 15+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

In class, she's a sort of zoned-out girl, and he's the year one class' most perfect, good-looking guy. But the two of them have a secret, and their extraordinary "love experience" will start now!

Himuro Yukina, known as the "Absolute Zero Snow-woman" is a cold and observant girl. In addition, she is actually a popular cell phone novelist who goes by the name of Yupina. Sadly, with no other human contact than her cousin, Yukina is unable to express more romance in her novels. Kitami Shigure, your so-called "typical bishounen", who is really a womanizer, has fallen into Yukina's trap when she blackmails him, and they end up "love-acting" for the sake of their secrets.


Review:

I am enjoying this series more now, and I am determined to get caught up in it, but I’m still waiting to be enraptured in the story. I’m just not really feeling Yukina’s character, or as much of the romance as I should be.
I am enjoying the romance, and even liking the love triangle (and forming square), even if I’m not connecting quite as much as I could be. I like the potential I see in all of the characters, and I’m enjoying what I’ve gotten so far, but there just isn’t enough for me yet.
I like Akira—he seems like a sweetheart to me, if a little possessive. I like Shigure, although he’s frustrating me. Shigure and Yukina are definitely oblivious to their actual feelings, or in denial of them, which I hope doesn’t last too much longer.
We got some family background for Yukina and Akira, and I liked that; I also just like Yukina’s parents and find them absolutely adorable. I’m intrigued by the new girl, Mami, and look forward to officially getting to know her in the next book. I know that the romance is going to get heavier, or at least more physical, in later books, and I look forward to that, being the romance junkie that I am.
I’m looking forward to being completely enraptured in this series, and I feel like it’s coming—I just can’t wait to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment