Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Manga Review: Kiss of the Rose Princess, Volume 2, by Aya Shouoto



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: January 6, 2015
Volumes: 9
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:


Anise Yamamoto has been told that if she ever removes the rose choker given to her by her father, a terrible punishment will befall her. Unfortunately she loses that choker when a bat-like being falls from the sky and hits her. Anise is granted four cards representing four knights whom she can summon with a kiss. But now that she has these gorgeous men at her beck and call, what exactly is her quest?! 


Review:

So much was revealed in this volume! I was not expecting this huge development, this early.
I knew there was a reason I liked this series from the first volume. The art is still gorgeous, and easier to follow. I love the characters. Anise is a pretty good heroine, strong and stubborn. Her gang of boys are also very entertaining; Kaede is the clear winner here, and I enjoy his banter with Anise. Mitsuru’s masochistic streak is funny, and Mutsuki is still quiet and a loner. I find Seiran adorable, and am devastated by the development made about him in this volume. Which is one reason why I like Anise’s personality here.
We meet a new character here, who I already disagree with hugely. Then there’s her father… On the other hand, Itsushi got some nice development.
I love where the plot is going; it’s getting so serious, so quick! I wasn’t expecting this, and it makes me excited to see where it goes next. The characters and the development of everything is fantastic; the humor is pretty good. The art is so pretty, and the color pages are just so, so pretty.
This has quickly become a must-follow series, and I can’t wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment