Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Novel Review: I Only Have Eyes For You (The Sullivans, #4) by Bella Andre



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harlequin Mira
Release Date: 2012
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The sweetest temptation

Sophie Sullivan fell head over heels for Jake McCann at the age of five. Twenty years later, the notorious bad boy still sees her as the "nice" Sullivan twin. When they both get caught up in the magic of the first Sullivan wedding, she knows it's time to make him see her for who she truly is--the woman who will love him forever.

Jake has always been a magnet for women, but the only woman he really wants is the one he can never have. Not only is Sophie his best friend's off-limits sister--he can't risk letting her get close enough to discover his deeply hidden secret.

But when Sophie appears on his doorstep, Jake's every fantasy comes to life, and he doesn't have a hope of taking his eyes, or hands, off her. Jake knows loving Sophie isn't the right thing to do, but one look at her and he knows he can't possibly resist.

The Cover:

This cover isn't too bad. It gives the right feel for the book, and the bottom image does actually have a scene in the book. Overall, an all right cover.

Review:

I went into this one extremely excited, because this sounded perfect for me. And while some of my enthusiasm went away when I started, this was still a very good book.
I really liked Sophie; I relate to her a lot. She’s looked at as the “good one”, she’s a librarian, and she’s in love with Jake, one of her brothers’ best friends.
Their attraction is clearly there early on, even while Jake tries to ignore it. Jake tries very hard to ignore it, too. But then after a one night stand, they get stuck together again (how, I won't spoil, but it was a twist I really like), and Jake slowly starts to give in. He has a harder time of it then, too, because Sophie’s been hurt by him once already and is harder to win over.
I liked their attraction, and the way they slowly start to grow closer, falling for each other. The way they start to open up to each other, mostly on Jake’s side. I liked her family’s part in it too, especially at the end. The climax was really good, and so sweet for Jake.
Smith’s reaction makes me really interested to read his book, as he's going to be very difficult. I’m looking forward to Zach’s, cause I like him. And the more I find out about Lori’s situation, the more curious I get.
This was a very good addition to the series, and I am looking forward to reading more.

No comments:

Post a Comment