Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Manga Review: Voices of Love by Kanae Hazuki



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: LuvLuv Press (Aurora)
Release Date: 2008
Volumes: 1.
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Passionate manga for ladies Some say forbidden fruit is the sweetest Voices of Love serves up a steaming-hot collection of five romantic, passionate, sexy stories about modern women and the men they love. The title story follows a relationship between young teacher Mika Tsukahara and Naokazu Kuga, an 18-year old student at her school. They're neighbors too, and can't control their attraction to each other

Review:

This is by the author of Say I Love You, so of course I was interested. I was a little wary, because these smutty one-shots are always hit or miss.
While I enjoy the art of Hazuki (though this is rougher than her newer stuff), the stories were a little iffy. Most of them were a little underdeveloped in character and/or story. Some were rushed. But I did enjoy most of them, for the most part.
There’s one about a teacher and her student that’s kind of cute. One about a girl who’s being abused by her boyfriend, only to leave him and find love with a friend of hers that I rather enjoyed. Another about a girl being used by a lot of guys who doesn’t know what real love is, that I also rather enjoyed. They all have rather explicit sex in them, you are warned.
I’m glad I picked this up, because I did enjoy it for the most part. And I like Kanae Hazuki, so it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment