Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Manga Review: Spell of Desire, Volume 3, by Tomu Ohmi



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: February 2015
Volumes: 5
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Kaoruko Mochizuki runs an herb shop in a small seaside town. One day, a mysterious man dressed in black named Kaname Hibiki enters her shop and reveals that Kaoruko is actually a witch. And what’s more, Kaoruko needs Kaname to help control her awakening power!

When it becomes known that Kaoruko has received the power of the Witch Queen, she and Kaname are ordered to appear before the coven of the Black Witches. There, Kaoruko discovers that she must become a Black Witch in order to control her rampaging powers. But that means she will be offered up to an incubus—who presents himself as Kaname as he closes in on her!

Review:

This series just doesn’t stand out to me as much as some. Her first series didn’t either, though. This one might be better, a little.
Kaoruko and Kaname finally get to the mature stuff in this volume, and I guess that’s nice. I do like that their relationship is progressing, and that they’re not resisting it. That’s appreciated. But at the same time, this puts Kaname’s spot in the coven in a bad place. Now he’s lost his position, though it’s not official until the queen comes back. I like that Kaoruko intends to fight that, though, and get stronger so that she can.
I don’t really like the black witches. They’re mean, and I don’t think Kaoruko fits in with them and their beliefs. She’s trying though, and I give her props for that.
I want to finish this series, see how it ends, and I hope I like. It’s not on the top of my list, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment