Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Novel Review: Getting Out of Hand (Sapphire Falls, #1) by Erin Nicholas



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: July 2014
Spoilers?: No.
Buy it here: Amazon. Barnes and Noble.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Genius scientist Mason Riley can cure world hunger, impress the media and piss off the Vice President of the United States all before breakfast. But he’s not sure he can get through his high school class reunion.

Then he meets the new girl in town.

Adrianne Scott loves Sapphire Falls. The sleepy little town has been the perfect place to escape her fast-paced, high stress lifestyle. Her only plans now include opening her candy shop and living a quiet, drama-free life.

Until Mason Riley bids four hundred dollars just to dance with her.

Mason sure doesn’t look—or kiss—like a genius scientist geek. In fact, he makes Adrianne’s heart pound like nothing she’s ever experienced. Passion like this with a guy who travels the world and parties at the White House should probably be a red flag for a girl who wants a simple boring life.

Good thing no one falls in love in a weekend.

The Cover:

I think the cover is adorable, and I love the colors and the themes of it. I'm not sure if I think the models clothing works, but it could, and it's overall very cute so I don't mind too much. It gives the right feel for the book, and the series, I think.

Review:

This was free on Kindle, so I picked it up. I wasn’t expecting it to be so fantastic, or so fast, though.
Mason is invited back to his old hometown to sponsor a mall, but he doesn’t want anything to do with it. He was the geek back in high school, ignored and humiliated, and he left and never came back. But he’s pushed to go back to town, and then he meets Adrianne. And quickly falls for her.
Mason is a great guy, and Adrianne is a very sweet girl. Their attraction is instant and hot, and I loved it. I particularly loved how Mason would get a brilliant idea while making out and then Adrianne would let him write it out on her. I thought that was both adorable and quirky cute.
Adrianne wants to take things easy, but Mason’s best friend Lauren pushes her into getting over that, because she can help Mason in ways that Mason needs. And I thought that was awesome. I loved seeing her stand up for what she wanted.
This book was so fast, and I couldn’t put it down. I loved every bit of it. The town and people were fun and quirky, and the attraction was very hot and very sweet.
I loved this book, and I can’t wait to read more in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment