Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Manga Review: Ani-Imo, Volume 2, by Haruko Kurumatani



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: February 2015
Volumes: 7.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:


When elder brother Youta and kid sister Hikaru get into an accident that switches their bodies, Hikaru (in her brother's body) changes into a fiendish sadist, and Youta (in his sister's body) finds himself her "girlfriend." Thrust into a bizarre reality where he's now taking orders from his own body, will Youta ever get himself out of this pinch and back where he belongs?!


Review:

This is a pretty mature series. I don’t know how much more it’ll get, but there’s a lot of forceful kissing, and a lot of hinting for more. I kind of love it.
I know that some people have a problem with the brother/sister thing (even if they technically aren’t), but I kind of don’t? I probably should, but I don’t. I’m just getting that out of the way. It doesn’t really bother me.
I do love the reverse stereotypical sexism here. How they’re now the normal stereotype of woman and man, that they’re in the others’ body. I mentioned it in the last volume, but it’s so well done here.
Youta is forced into a relationship with the now older sibling, even if he doesn’t want to be, or is denying that he wants to be. And Hikaru is very forceful about it, touching Youta all the time, not bothered if people know. And Hikaru's insecurity that Youta will never want it is very sweet.
We see more of Yurika, who is trying to manipulate the younger sibling to be hers. We got to know Kakeru better, though, and he’s a sweetheart. I really like him. I love how honest he is with “Hikaru”, even letting her go to be with “Youta” if he has to. He’s so sweet, the poor guy. Someone needs to love him. 
I’m enjoying this series quite a lot. It’s very mature, but it’s also funny, and honest, and I am really liking the characters. I look forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment