Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Manga Review: Yotsuba&!, Volume 6, by Kiyohiko Azuma



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: 2009
Volumes: 12+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 5. 7. 12.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Yotsuba’s getting a biiiiike, Yotsuba’s getting a biiiiiike!! Didja know the wheels of a bike go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and roun — oh, Yotsuba’s getting dizzy…whoooooa…

Review:

I wasn’t planning on reviewing another volume until I was all caught up, but I’m in a standstill until I get more, and just really needed to express my love for this series some more. I wasn’t completely bought in the first volume, but now I am.
I completely love and adore Yotsuba, as a series and a character. Yotsuba is adorable and so hilarious, and I love the way everyone goes along with her. She’s not in school yet, and so pretty much just hangs out with her father and her neighbors all day, getting into trouble and having fun. Her father has rules, and she does get in trouble when she breaks them (like how she got grounded when she rode her bike too far out of the neighborhood on her own), but for the most part he lets her do what she wants (like jumping on him). And then she’ll get play ideas in her head, like someone’s a bad guy or that a cardboard robot is real, and everyone will just go along with it. They want her to stay happy and oblivious, and I love it.
This is pretty much just a comedic series, with story for at least a chapter and long-running jokes, and some four panel strips. But it’s hilarious, and everything Yotsuba does is adorable, and just plain has me grinning at this point.
I can’t wait to get my hands on the rest of this series, and am so glad I decided to catch up on this one first.

No comments:

Post a Comment