Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Manga Review: Voice Over!: Seiyu Academy, Volume 10, by Maki Minami



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: April 7, 2015
Volumes: 12.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 9. 11.
Add on Goodreads.

VIZ Media Synopsis:

Hime is really excited about her new role in the hot anime series Cruel Octalia. But the fan response (including from her friends!) is just lukewarm. Hime knows she needs to do more research into the character, but recent events have made her too confused to go to the best source of help—Senri Kudo!

Review:

This series kind of amazes me. It’s crazy and hilarious, and I absolutely love the humor. But it’s also so well placed and deliberate, balanced so well with the serious. And there is real depth here. We have real characters and growth, depth, a past that has formed them, reasons behind their actions. Well done serious statement panels. I just love it beyond belief, and I can’t even believe it myself.
We got more and more of Senri in this volume, and I love it. Only this time, Shiro is trying to push him away, because she knows that he can’t find out she’s a girl. This hurts Senri a lot, because he’s already hurt by past friends, but it’s also kind of sweet at times, and they’re just so adorable. And then we get to see them at school, where Shiro is Hime, and Senri doesn’t like Hime. And that’s also adorable, but it’s also going to blow Hime’s cover as Shiro. Senri is going to catch on, especially with all her slip-ups. But at the same time, Senri is trying to make friends, and learn how to get along with people for real again, with no acting. It’s painful, and it’s sweet, and he’s so cute.
There’s some Mizuki here, but I’m all for Senri, so I don’t even care. Hime is getting better at voice acting, and I really do appreciate the time taken for that, that she’s given focus and determined to become better, that she does actually work on it and succeed.
These volumes go by so fast, because I just eat them up as soon as I get them. And there’s only two volumes left! Thank god another series of hers has already been licensed. I can’t wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment