Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Manga Review: Inu x Boku SS, Volume 7, by Cocoa Fujiwara



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: April 21, 2015
Volumes: 11
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 6. 8.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Ririchiyo has decided to make a fresh start, removing the blinders from her eyes and releasing Soushi from his contract. From now on, she has resolved to treat this incarnation of Soushi as his own person and to mourn the loss of the man she loved in a previous life. The change has given Ririchiyo a clear perspective, but Soushi's heart remains clouded. Playing the part of his former self for Ririchiyo's sake was an act--what will happen when Soushi's true feelings come to light...? 

Review:

This series just kills me. It makes me want to cry and rage and cry some more. I don’t understand how it can make me feel so many things at once, over and over again, every time.
We finally get to find out what Soushi is going through, whether he remembers or not. And I won’t dare spoil it, but it hurts so much. I just feel so terrible for him, and I want to hug and cry for him because of it.
That’s all I should say on that subject, lest I break and spoil everything.
Aside from that, we get more of Watanuki and Roromiya. We find out more about what Watanuki’s horrible friend is up to. There are a lot of scenes with the group who remember the past talking, and I just like their friendship. The humor is still amazing; I love the comic strips and extras. Even while dying inside, I laugh at every one of them. This group of characters is amazing, and I love every one of them. Everything in this series is done beautifully.
Even waiting three months for each volume is too long, but nevertheless I am on edge for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment