Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Manga Review: Attack on Titan: Before the Fall, Volume 4, by Satoshi Shiki, Ryo Suzukaze, Hajime Isayama, Thores Shibamoto



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: March 31, 2015
Volumes: 5+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3. 5.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A VILIFIED EXILE
After escaping what should have been certain death and defeating a Titan outside the walls, Kuklo and the Survey Corps make it back to the safety of Shiganshina, where the Military Police are waiting to arrest him for the murder of his former master Dario. But there will be no trial and no execution for the Titan's son. The MPs have a much crueler punishment in mind...

Review:

Is it just me, or do these books go by super fast? The page length is average, but these books take about half the time to read. I guess there’s less words and more action, but it seems ridiculous. It just makes me want more.
The beginning of the volume featured Sharle, trying to save Kuklo. And then we get Kuklo, locked up and mistreated, and then being thrown beyond the wall. He makes a fast friendship with another inmate, Cardina. And together, they make a plan to get back in the walls, with a little help.
I don’t want to talk too much and spoil the plot, but it was exciting. It’s very close, and death is definitely present. I like Kuklo, a lot, and I look forward to seeing what happens with him next. I hope we get to see him and Sharle together again, as it’s been a while, and I kind of love them. It was so sweet the way he worked hard to get back to her, and was relieved to hear that she was okay. My romance-loving heart just eats that stuff up.
The previous volume left me feeling meh, but this one has me all excited again, and I love it. I can’t wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment