Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Novel Review: Dirty Bad Savage (Dirty Bad, #2) by Jade West



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Genre: Erotica/Adult Contemporary Romance; BDSM
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: June 9, 2015
Spoilers?: No.
Buy it here: Amazon.

Goodreads Synopsis:

They say Callum Jackson's a savage.
No home. No prospects. No self-restraint.
He's red-flagged on my system, a grade-1 aggression risk, totally off limits for a woman like me.
But the rules don't allow for my dangerous games; they don't bend for my twisted desires.
Callum Jackson is the most beautiful beast.
A beast I can't stop thinking about, can't stop wanting, can't stop hunting...
...I just pray to God this beast bites.

Sophia Harding runs a tight ship. She may work in the dregs of housing association slums, but her patch is on the way up.
Anti-social behaviour is down, employment is on the rise, and she's even been shortlisted for estate manager of the year.
It's looking good. Really good. Until Callum Jackson completes his jail time and lands right back on her doorstep.
She could do without a guy like him on her books: a failure of the system and a pain in the fucking ass.
She should tick the boxes, do her job and keep her distance – that's what the handbook says. The handbook says no one-on-one contact, no at-risk situations, no direct confrontation of any kind.
But the handbook doesn't know of her craving for hardcore submission.
The handbook has no fucking idea how she yearns to unleash Jackson at club Explicit, where his savage can really run wild.
The handbook doesn't know shit...

The Cover:

I like this cover. I think that it looks a lot like the first book, but is different enough. The model and the tattoos give a nice bad edge, and the title is really nice. I like it.

Review:

Jade West is forever on my auto-buy list from now on. There’s no way I’m not buying any other book by her, and I really wish she had a hundred more ready for me to buy already.
I loved Dirty Bad Wrong. I loved it so much, and it’s already one that I’ve re-read. This is at the same level for me.
Sophie knows she wants someone dirty and bad and rough. She wants pain, she wants someone rough with her, but she’s playing the edge between good wrong and truly dangerous. She doesn’t want to go too far, and yet she’s drawn to Callum, and she can’t help herself.
Callum just got out of prison, and now he’s practically on the streets. Sophie helps him get his dog back, and now he’s on his own, trying to take care of a friend and her kid from some bad people. Sophie watches over the district he’s staying at.
Callum has never tried real BDSM before, but he’s rough in bed, because that’s what he knows and that’s how he likes it. Sophie gets him to explore the BDSM side more, because she keeps pulling him back, finally letting him stay at her house. They both want it, a real relationship, badly. And I loved that they admitted it to themselves, and then each other.
The sex is rough, and even dirtier than in the first book, in a kind of different way. It’s more literally filthy in a few scenes, and it’s hot. We even get to see Masque and Cat and Raven from the first book, and I love them. Masque and Cat put on a show in one scene, and it made me want to go back and re-read their book.
I loved this book, unabashedly. I want more so badly, and I cannot wait for whatever West releases next.

No comments:

Post a Comment