Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Manga Review: Kiss of the Rose Princess, Volume 4, by Aya Shouoto



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: May 5, 2015
Volumes: 9.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3. 5.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Anise Yamamoto has been told that if she ever removes the rose choker given to her by her father, a terrible punishment will befall her. Unfortunately she loses that choker when a bat-like being falls from the sky and hits her. Anise is granted four cards representing four knights whom she can summon with a kiss. But now that she has these gorgeous men at her beck and call, what exactly is her quest?!

Review:

The group is on the hunt for more Arcana cards, which drags them into a boys’ idol contest. We officially meet two new roses that Anise’s father made during this. Her father is clearly up to no good, and will be the big enemy in this series.
While some of the intense battles end in a humorous diversion, I don’t mind so much. I hope we get some real battles and resolve soon, but I don’t mind the humor. And I like the characters, so I’m okay with it. It doesn’t seem badly done to me.
After that, Kaede gets forced into a date with a classmate, to a carnival, which is clearly not going to end well.
The romance is sure building, though. I’m a full fan of Kaede at this point, particularly for Anise, but also in general. I love Seiran, as well; he’s a sweetheart. But all of the boys are starting to get serious about making Anise choose one of them. Seiran is going to step up, it sounds like. But the attraction between Anise and Mutsuki is cranking up fast. I don’t mind it, but I also don’t think it’s going to work out.
Either way, I’m excited. This volume was fun, and I look forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment