Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Manga Review: He's My Only Vampire, Volume 1, by Aya Shouoto



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: December 16, 2014
Volumes: 10
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 2.

Goodreads Synopsis:

You are my "thrall"--mine and mine alone...
When Kana, a student at St. Agatha Academy, lays eyes on her long-lost childhood friend Aki amid the throng of the metropolis, the gears of destiny begin to turn!
Meeting with an unfortunate accident not long after, Kana finds herself pulled from the arms of death by a vampire--Aki. Now Kana must give herself over to Aki, body and soul, as his "thrall," and soon she is trust into a dangerous game to obtain demonic powers known as "STIGMA," which could very well spell the end for her all over again!

Review:

I’m pretty sure this is a newer of Shouoto’s series, and the art does look a little different. It also didn’t pull me in quite as much as Kiss of the Rose Princess did. I’m still sticking with it, though.
The vampire plot is a little dark already, with some underground things already clearly happening. There is some explanation, but I’m sure there’s more to come.
We meet Kana, an overachieving high school girl, who was friends with these boys when she was younger. Then one of them, Aki, shows up. He saves her by biting her, turning her into his thrall, now the only one he can drink from. He has some hidden goals, though. We meet one of Kana’s classmates, who is entwined in this, though ends up in a rather cute position.
I’m intrigued, a little confused, but definitely picking up the next one. I like what I’ve seen so far, and am curious to see what happens next. I especially look forward to getting to know the characters more.

No comments:

Post a Comment