Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Manga Review: Kiss Him, Not Me!, Volume 4, by Junko



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: April 2016
Volumes: 8+
Spoilers?: Light.
Volume: 1. 3. 5.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Hi again! It’s me, Kae! After sweating it out with the boys, I’ve slimmed down again, but the fujoshi in me will never fade away!

After everything that happened in the last volume, Igarashi has now fallen in love with the true me. He’s decided to continue his pursuit, but this time, he means business!

Igarashi’s new resolve also spurs a change in Nanashima, and he doubles his efforts to win me over. It’s great that they’re both so fired up, but what’s firing me up is the thought of them possibly getting hot and heavy with each other…

Includes extras such as a White Day-themed bonus comic and sketches of never-before-revealed character designs!

Review:

Another delightful volume. I just can’t get enough.
In this volume, we find out that there was a competition between Nana and Igarashi when they were younger, only Nana decided he could never win and gave up. Kae roots them on until Nana agrees to be motivated. Lots of yaoi inducing moments here as well.
Then there’s a beach trip, with lots of swim suit shots, and a point where they all get lost in the woods. This is really about Shinomiya, though, and his low self-confidence. He thinks he’s the weak one, the one Kae won’t fall for, and so Kae has to give him some attention to boost his ego.
Igarashi is my favorite here, and I also enjoy Kae’s friendship with Mutsumi. Even Nishina intrigues me. This volume was fun and light, and showed an insight into a couple of the more background boys. I look forward to picking up the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment