Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Manga Review: Inu x Boku SS, Volume 9, by Cocoa Fujiwara



Rating (Out of 5): ~4-4.5
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: November 2015
Volumes: 11.
Spoilers?: Some.
Volume: 1. 8. 10.

Goodreads Synopsis:

At first, the residents of Ayakashi Hall are baffled by the discovery of a time capsule containing letters in their own handwriting, apparently from their future selves. But Natsume's ability to see beyond confirms the truth, and he is overwhelmed by the future he glimpses. The others aren't sure they want to know the full extent of what is to come when it has so obviously rattled Natsume and their later selves. Even with that knowledge, what can they do differently to face the Night Parade of a Hundred Demons?!

Review:

The first half of this volume continues the interludes. While I would have liked more main story, I do love everything in this series. There’s an adorable chapter about Ririchiyo and Soushi, where they’re separated for a short while and how they handle it. But the one that stands out is about Natsume and his past, what he went through as a kid and how he came to have the attitude he has now.
After that, we get back to normal setting and time. And this time, we’re thrown back to the original time, before everyone died. I don’t know if I believe it’ll stay there, but it appears that things are going different now that they’ve received those letters. Things have changed, and I’m not sure if it’s good or not, because now they’re being separated.
Everything is different, and I don’t know if I like it. We’re heading into the final arc and it’s only going to get worse, I feel, until the end. 
I seriously cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment