Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Manga Review: Inu x Boku SS, Volume 8, by Cocoa Fujiwara



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: July 21, 2015
Volumes: 11.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 7. 9.
Add on Goodreads 

RightStuf Synopsis:


Mikoto Inugami's friendship with Watanuki has alerted Zange to the fox's plot to repeat the Night Parade, which claimed so many supernatural lives over twenty years ago. The residents of Ayakashi Hall rush to confront their enemy, but time is not on their side. Inugami's plan is not to initiate the Parade in this incarnation, but to revisit the past!


Review:

Why doesn’t this series have color pages?  Huh, Yen Press?  Why?
The last forty percent of this book is all extras.  And the way the real chapters ends just makes me want to cry a little.  Ugh, how can you do this to me?  Every time?
Watanuki’s terrible friend who started all this terribleness, Mikoto, is bringing up even more trouble.  Which means that Watanuki brings in the gang to fix things, not knowing what that really means.  There’s a fight, but they have a plan to try to fix things, thus ending this middle arc, and into the last one.
There’s a truly heartbreaking scene with Ririchiyo and Soushi, though.  Soushi just doesn’t understand Ririchiyo’s feelings, and it’s crushing, the way he loves her and wants her to love him now, but she’s still attached to the past him.  She’s just going to have to see the him now, though, goddamnit.  My heart is just breaking and crying for them.
We also got to see some cuteness between Watanuki and Roromiya, and I’ve missed them.  There was even a sweet scene between Sorinozuka and Nobara, and Roromiya and Kagerou, and even with Zange.  The entire group has a lot of moments between them and I just love each and every one of them so much.
The humor in this series really is ace, and all the extras show that.  The way everyone gets along and each of their characteristics.  I must say, though, that getting to know the new Soushi really brings him in contrast to the old one.  I love them both so much.
I am always eagerly anticipating a new volume of this series.  And I hope that Yen licenses something else by Fujiwara, I would love to read anything else she’s done, even if it was left unfinished.  I just love everything about this series so much that I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment