Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Manga Review: My Little Monster, Volume 3, by Robico



Rating (Out of 5): ~3-3.5
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: July 2014
Volumes: 12 + 1
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:


Haru confirms his love for Shizuku after a talk with the class rep, Chizuru Oshima (who also has feelings for Haru!). Meanwhile, confused and unsure, Shizuku decides to eliminate her feelings towards Haru in order to focus on her studies. Will Haru be able to change her mind? The school fesival brings chaos and rivalries as personalities clash! From the Trade Paperback edition. 


Review:

I’ve taken a break from this series for a bit. I just wasn’t feeling it enough, but I ended up picking this volume up on a whim. And now I’m glad I did. I almost think I needed a break in order to really get into it, because this volume had me.
Mizutani is still being quiet and distant, denying her feelings for Haru. Haru is starting to wonder about her feelings for him, while trying not to be too obvious or pushy, even if he is a little. Oshima is in love with Haru, and he’s oblivious while confiding in her. Poor girl.
Asako is friends with Mizutani, and she wants to be girl friends that confide in each other. When Mizutani is her distant self, not talking about her feelings or herself, it hurts Asako’s feelings. I’m glad that they have a little talk in this volume, though. It makes me happy for Asako, because she’s a nice girl and I like her.
I’m also a fan of Sasayan, the sidekick in the background. I like his relationship with Asako, too. They’re just fun to watch in the background, talking and away from some of the main drama.
Then there’s quite a few background characters. Haru’s brother is fun to watch, with his harassing Haru, and seeing Yamaken freak out over them. 
This volume was fun, and it pulled me back into the characters. I’m glad I picked it up, and I look forward to catching up with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment