Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Manga Review: Ouran High School Host Club Volume 15 by Bisco Hatori

5 of 5 Stars
Publisher: Viz Media
Goodreads Synopsis:

One day, Haruhi, a scholarship student at exclusive Ouran High School, breaks an $80,000 vase that belongs to the 'Host Club', a mysterious campus group consisting of six super-rich (and gorgeous) guys. To pay back the damages, she is forced to work for the club, and it's there that she discovers just how wealthy the boys are and how different they are from everybody else.

Review:

Oh my god, do I love this series. I started reading them a while ago, and then I stopped for, like, a year or something. So I got very behind. A couple of months ago, though, I decided to catch up and re-read them. I have all of them that's out, and I re-read 12 through 14 yesterday and just finished 15. This series tends to be my go-to if I'm in a bad mood or upset, as lately Tobygames on Youtube has been, because it always puts me in a good mood.
I love all of the characters. They're all so different and entertaining and fantastic. In the last several volumes it's been getting into the actual plot line and character stories, and I love it even more for this. It doesn't get too cheesy when it's serious, it's just very heartwarming and adorable and sweet. When Haruhi starts actually reacting and realizing her feelings for Tamaki, that's when I started actually liking her and start finding her adorable.
In this volume, Tamaki realizes that he likes Haruhi. And it's so simple and cute how he realizes this. And then hilarious, of course, how he reacts to it with the other host club members. Haruhi has already realized that she loves him, so it's entertaining how she reacts to him. Of course they don't know how the other feels about them, but it's not done in an annoying way, like with miscommunication or with them avoiding telling the other (even though they are), it's done with humor, as is the Ouran way. I was totally fangirling over Tamaki in this volume.
Mostly why I like this series is because I love the characters and the humor. If I didn't, then I wouldn't get it and it wouldn't work for me. But I do, and my feelings grow for it with every volume that I read.
There are story lines in this volume, like 'Ouran Orienteering Tournament', which was entertaining. I loved the episode following that one. Tamaki had discovered his feeling the chapter before it, and in this one, Tamaki is reacting around Haruhi and getting all flustered and overloaded with emotions and it's hilarious. And the host club members are taunting him and bothering him. It was fantastic.
In the next chapter, Haruhi's birthday is coming up and everyone is deciding what to get her, which is also entertaining. In the last chapter, More and Hunny are about to graduate. Hatori has been putting this off forever, which is good because no one wanted them to leave. They are very nonchalant about it, while everyone else is not. Everyone's upset about it, as they should be. Mori is getting a lot of challenges, because everyone wants one last chance to duel him. He keeps looking over at Hunny, showing that he has something he wants to tell him, and then he challenges Hunny to a duel, which freaks everyone out. I liked seeing Mori not himself, clumsy and weak because he's all stressed out. Seeing this is always entertaining. We also saw Hunny being harsh to and about Mori, as we've seen some of before. This is always kind of upsetting, because it's not something we see from him, and I like seeing the cute and hug-able Hunny.
The last extra episode is about Kanazuki, the black magic club girl who is in love with Hunny. She's trying to put a curse on Hunny so he will accept her invitation to a date. It keeps messing up, though, and so she thinks he's put a counter-curse on her. It's funny how Hunny keeps messing it up, and especially cute how he talks to Mori at the end of it and when he calls her adorable. He is so cute.
Ahhhh, I love this series so much. I will probably be posting a review for volume 16 soon as well, since I am already half way through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment