Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Review: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Publisher: Scholastic Press

Goodreads Synopsis:

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other.  Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack.  And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.
At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.


Review:
I love this series. I love Maggie Stiefvater, actually. She is amazing.
This book was even better than the first. I was kind of wary going into it, because I didn't know what was going to happen, what she was going to do with the characters, and when I saw that she added two more point of views, I was like, 'what?'. I only saw Cole's at first, though, and had only heard of him being a new character, so I thought there was going to be a love triangle thing going on, and I wasn't excited for that to happen. I was very happy to find out that it didn't.
The minor characters didn't really stick in my mind from the first one, so I wasn't sure who Isabel was, until I started reading her, then I remembered.
Now, I'm really glad that she added them, because I really like them. I almost want to say more than Grace and Sam, but that's not true. I liked all of their chapters. I've already talked about Grace and Sam in the first review, but I'm gonna talk about them some more. I got more of a feel for them in this book, and liked them even more because of it. Cole bothered me at some points, because of his self-destruction thing he was doing, because I'm not a fan of those things, but at other times, especially when he was with Isabel, I really liked him. Isabel I liked all of the time, I think. She was so interesting and very different from Grace, that I might have liked her chapters more than the others.
I still love Grace and Sam together, and that love has gotten bigger in this book. I'm hoping that something more happens with Isabel and Cole, because there is obviously something there, and I love them together.
All of the plot was interesting, and I liked all of the family things that happened, even if it was bothersome for the characters. I was really happy with what happened with the wolf thing, because I was hoping there was going to be some explanation, and I was happy with the one that it gave.
But, that ending. That ending was terrible, such a cliffhanger, and I want to find out what happened so bad. (Obviously not bad enough, or maybe I have been avoiding it for the thought of a bad ending, because I still haven't read it.)
Her writing was pretty much the same from the first book, although possibly better; very lyrical and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment