Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Novel Review: Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3) by MaryJanice Davidson



Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Penguin (Berkley Sensation)
Spoilers?: Some.

Goodreads Synopsis:

 Reluctant vampire queen Betsy Taylor may rule the topsy-turvy world of the undead, but now Betsy's discovered that she has a long-lost half-sister who's the devil's daughter--and destined to rule the underworld.

Review:

I really enjoy Davidson’s style of writing. I like her random, Gilmore Girls’ esque style, and I enjoy the stories she tells. The one thing that bothers me, and that I really don’t want to get too tired of, is how similar all of her stories are. Her main characters tend to have a hard time opening up to love, are very open with how much they cuss, the guy tends to fall first, and a lot of the time they even kiss or have sex before they’ve fully fallen. And I don’t mind all of these things, but doing it in every story can get a bit old. I just hope that I don’t get too tired of it too fast; which might mean that I should slow down the time between books.
Anyway, this is the third book starring Betsy Taylor, and I have been enjoying this series so far. In this book, Betsy finds out that she has a step-sister, while dealing with the fact that her step-mother is pregnant. And then, when she tries to read that all-special Book of the Dead, only to kind of turn evil for a short while. Some drama goes on between her and her best friend Jess, and then something happens between her and Sinclair before she finally admits to herself that she loves him and they become engaged. But only because it will make her feel more official about it, while it’s already official in his head, what with their being King and Queen together. Also, her step-sister is the daughter of the devil and is supposed to cause the end of the world, but she doesn’t really have any interest in that.
That pretty much sums up what happened in this book, in as little detail as possible.
I already said that I enjoyed it, and I did.
I’m looking forward to reading the next one, as soon as my local bookstore gets it in. I’m interested in all the wedding stuff that’s going to happen, now that Betsy and Sinclair are married, as well as just the general romance between them. I want to see more of their friends, and just whatever drama is going to come up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment