Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Manga Review: Missions of Love, Volume 9, by Ema Toyama



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: October 7, 2014
Volumes: 16+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 8. 10.

Goodreads Synopsis:

In class, she's a sort of zoned-out girl, and he's the year one class' most perfect, good-looking guy. But the two of them have a secret, and their extraordinary "love experience" will start now!

Himuro Yukina, known as the "Absolute Zero Snow-woman" is a cold and observant girl. In addition, she is actually a popular cell phone novelist who goes by the name of Yupina. Sadly, with no other human contact than her cousin, Yukina is unable to express more romance in her novels. Kitami Shigure, your so-called "typical bishounen", who is really a womanizer, has fallen into Yukina's trap when she blackmails him, and they end up "love-acting" for the sake of their secrets.

Review:

The sensei plot concludes in this volume, and I’m honestly not sure how I feel about it. I mean, I like the way it ended, and I like him as a character and his story now, but before the revealing, I don’t know if I buy it. He was coming on much too strong for that explanation.
I do like the way the boys came after her, though, how they stood up for her and did what they thought they should. Good for them, the sweethearts.
I’m still definitely rooting for Akira and Mami. I think they’re adorable together, and I just like Akira so much.
I’m liking Shigure and Yukina a lot, and am looking forward to seeing where they go from here. Then there’s the slight cliffhanger, and that should be interesting, wherever that leads to.
This is a really enjoyable, slightly smutty, manga, and I love it. I can’t wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment