Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Manga Review: Mugen Spiral by Mizuho Kusanagi



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Tokyopop
Release Date: 2007
Volumes: 2
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Read the fantasy romance graphic novel about Yayoi, a mystic with a power so great, that it manages to attract those with a desire to steal if from her!

Review:

After reading NG Life, I knew I had to pick this small series up. I love that one, and already knew that this was ended early, but wanted to read it anyway. And I’m so glad I picked it up.
The humor, unlike in most of NG Life, is much more downplayed, and not at all overdone in this series. I appreciated that a lot.
The art doesn't look that great on the covers, but it is better in the books.
I loved the characters. Yayoi is a great heroine, and Ura is a really good guy, even if he starts
out bad and tries to act like he’s not. The chemistry between them was apparent from the beginning, and I loved seeing it develop. I do wish there was a little more to it, to see them really come together at the end, but I’m happy with how they ended. I think they fit together really well, and if this series had been longer, we would have seen a lot more.
There was a big plot line with Ura’s brother, and I don’t think that ever really resolved, sadly. I would have liked to see it, but I still think the series ended on a pretty high note, despite it. I was actually surprised that I was happy with the ending.
I definitely wanted more, and would love to read more of her books, but I’m really happy with this one. I would even recommend picking it up, if you’re interested at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment