Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Wishlist Thursday[100]: The Devil is a Part-Timer! (manga) & The Angel of Elhamburg



The Devil is a Part-Timer! (manga) 1 by Satoshi Wagahara and Akio Hiiragi

Publisher: Yen Press

Release Date: March 24, 2015

Volumes: 7+




Goodreads Synopsis:



After being soundly thrashed by the hero Emilia, the Devil King and his general beat a hasty retreat to a parallel universe...only to land plop in the middle of bustling, modern-day Tokyo! Lacking the magic necessary to return home, the two are forced to assume human identities and live average human lives until they can find a better solution. And to make ends meet, Satan finds gainful employment at a nearby fast food joint! With his devilish mind set on working his way up the management food chain, what will become of his thirst for conquest?!



Why?:

I’m intrigued in this series. The concept sounds like a lot of fun, and the artwork is definitely pretty. But I’ve watched most of the anime at this point, and am a little iffy. It’s good, but not amazing, so I’m a little wary. I do like the characters, though, and think I could really grow attached. I’ve already pre-ordered the first book (because it was such a good deal B&N, and how could I resist?), so I’ll just wait and see.

&

The Angel of Elhamburg by Aki

Publisher: Yen Press

Release Date: March 24, 2015

Volumes: 1




Goodreads Synopsis:



By all appearances, the ties that bind High King Madeth and the knight Lalvan, his childhood friend, are made of the sternest stuff. But in truth, their friendship has always struck a most delicate balance. With the arrival of Lady Prima and the birth of her son, Perseus, not long after, the precarious harmony between Madeth and Lalvan crumbles. And when the young Perseus, harboring questions about his lineage, seeks out Lalvan, will the repercussions be much greater than a friendship lost? A lone angel, its eyes replete with sadness, looks on as the tragedy unfolds...



Why?:

I read Aki’s previous book, Olympos, and mostly enjoyed it. In particular, the artwork was very pretty. It was a nicely done book. This looks like it’s going to be just as pretty and well put together, so I’m intrigued. But I didn’t love the story enough in Olympos, which makes me a little wary. But I’ll probably see it in stores anyway and think it’s gorgeous. Plus, apparently it's in hardcover, which means it's going to be that much prettier.

What are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment