Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Manga Review: The Stellar Six of Gingacho, Volume 3, by Yuuki Fujimoto



Rating (Out of 5): ~4-4.5
Publisher: Tokyopop
Release Date: 2011
Volumes: 10
Spoilers?: No.
Buy it here: Amazon. RightStuf.
Volume: 1. 2.

Goodreads Synopsis:

More charming adventures await the Stellar Six! The bond between Mike and Kuro becomes even stronger when they help a stray puppy find a home, but their relationship sparks the jealousy of other school girls. Meanwhile, a crayon-scrawled treasure map reminds them all of what 'the bestest thing' in life really are. Additionally, Kuro, Q, and Mamoru must deal with the sudden fame that comes from an unknown photo sent to a magazine!

Review:

I don’t even know how to explain my complete adoration of this series.
The artwork is pretty, kind of in an old-school way, and it definitely grows on you.
The characters are amazing. I love the friendship between all six of them, how they’re all there for each other at all times. Their friendship is true and strong. So far the focus has definitely been on Mike and Kuro, but we get enough of the others that it’s easy to grow attached to all of them. And I love that they all live on Gingacho Street Market, working for their parents, so close together. The street market is a very fun setting.
I will admit that this is kind of just a shout out to having this series rescued. Tokyopop closed when barely three volumes were released (and I say barely, because I know volume three is harder to find than the others. I’m surprised I actually found a copy so easily). But there are ten volumes in the series, and I so badly want to see how it ends. I want to see the progression between them all, the heartbreaks and romance and friendships expand. I just want more of this, because it is such a charming and cute series.

No comments:

Post a Comment