Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Novel Review: Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Berkley Sensation (Penguin)
Release Date: 2011
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Read Jill Shalvis's blogs and other content on the Penguin Community.

Co-owner of the town's only kennel, Lilah Young has lived in Sunshine, Idaho, all her life. Pilot-for-hire Brady Miller is just passing through. But he soon has Lilah abandoning her instincts and giving in to a primal desire.

It's Brady's nature to resist being tied down, but there's something about Lilah and her menagerie that keeps him coming back for more.

The Cover:

I think both the cover above, and the one on Amazon are very cute. The one on Amazon does catch my attention faster, and I like that one more, though I prefer the animal shown on the one above. But it does annoy me that, while the animals on both are cute, none of them are very accurate for the actual pets inside the book, as far as I can tell. Aside from that, I like both of them, though.

Review:

This is my first Jill Shalvis book. I’ve heard so many good things about her, that I don’t know why it took me so long to pick this up. Especially since I read this super fast and didn’t want to put it down.
This is about Lilah and Brady. Lilah owns a kennel for animals, where she’ll watch them for people, rescue them and find them new homes, and just generally take care of all animals she can. She works with her friend and ex Cruz. Down the road is a veterinary clinic run by her close friends Dell and Adam, who have asked their brother Brady to come down and help out. Brady is a pilot, and he likes not having a steady home. But then him and Lilah get closer…
I loved the attraction between Lilah and Brady. It was fast, and real, and I loved that even though they were denying that it was serious, they knew that it wasn’t. They tried denying it, but they didn’t believe it themselves. I loved their progression, how they got to know each other, and how they fell.
The romance and the sexy stuff was great, but there was also a lot of humor. This book was funny, and hard to put down at times. I just wanted to keep reading. And now I definitely want to get my hands on some more books, especially in this series. I just want more, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment