Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Manga Review: He's My Only Vampire, Volume 2, by Aya Shouoto



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: March 2015
Volumes: 10
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

When Dealer suddenly appears, Kana learns in the ensuing scuffle just what it means to be a Pureblood vampire's "thrall." With the werewolf Jin now fighting beside Kana and Aki as an ally, the three begin their search for the other Stigmas in the second volume of this dark vampire adventure!!

Review:

A little off topic to start: I don’t understand why Aya Shouoto has suddenly had so many releases. She’s had at least three series picked up at once. Doesn’t that seem weird? Did something happen for her rise in popularity that I missed? Not a complaint, mind you, as I am enjoying her series and art, but it just seemed odd to me.
Now, for the actual manga.
This volume had a very different feel than the first one. Here, we get full on school life mode.
Kana goes back to school, along with Aki and Jin, mostly with Aki learning what her normal day life is like. Kana figures out what to do with her club situation, and decides to start her own. Jin is kind of adorable, and pretty much just follows them. Aki gets popular, for a while, but everyone else is afraid of/dislikes Kana and Jin, though Kana is determined to change her public image.
We officially meet Kana’s younger brother in this volume, and I like him. I’m interested to see more of him, and hope he gets a bigger presence in the series. We also got more of an idea of how the whole thrall and vampire, and the stigma hunting thing works. I’m intrigued to see where it goes next.
Then there was a cliffhanger, and I’m interested to see where that goes. I feel like there’s still a lot to learn and develop in this series. I’m looking forward to reading more, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment