Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Novel Review: Can't Help Falling In Love (The Sullivans, #3) by Bella Andre



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harlequin Mira
Release Date: 2011
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

How much is worth risking?

Gabe Sullivan risks his life every day as a firefighter in San Francisco, but he knows better than to risk giving his heart again. Especially not to the woman he saved from a deadly apartment fire…and can't stop thinking about.

Megan Harris owes everything to the heroic firefighter who saved her and her daughter. Everything except her heart. Because after losing her pilot husband, she has vowed to never suffer through loving—and losing—a man with a dangerous job again.

But when Gabe and Megan meet again, how can he possibly ignore her courage, determination and beauty? And how can she deny not only his strong bond with her daughter…but also his sweetly sensual kisses, challenging her to risk everything she's been guarding for so long?

The Cover:

While the covers for this series are pretty stereotypical, they do give a good idea of what you're getting with the book. And while sometimes the scenery is a little iffy for the book, I do think the couple and the colors chosen are always pretty good picks for each book.

Review:

This one took me a little longer to get through, I’m not sure why. My mood slowed down, maybe.
Either way, this was a cute story, nonetheless.
Gabe is a firefighter, and he saves Megan and her daughter. There’s an attraction there, but Gabe fights it because he thinks it’s hero worship, and Megan fights it because he has a dangerous job.
I like the attraction between them, and I liked their progression to getting to know each other. Megan’s daughter plays a big part, and I really liked how Gabe wanted both of them, and how the daughter kind of pulled strings to put them together.
I’d never really thought so much about the danger of Gabe’s job, but Megan’s worries really made me aware of it. It’s definitely a bigger worry and courageous thing in my eyes now, though. 
This book doesn’t stand out to me as much as some of the others, but I still enjoyed it. All of these are good books so far, and I am really looking forward to reading more.

No comments:

Post a Comment