Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Manga Review: Say I Love You., Volume 8, by Kanae Hazuki



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: June 9, 2015
Volumes: 14+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 7. 9.

Goodreads Synopsis:


Mei Tachibana has spent her 16 years without making either boyfriend or friends. One day, she drop-kicks a popular boy in school, Yamato Kurosawa, because of a misunderstanding but for some reason it seems that he takes a liking to her and one-sidedly claims that they’re friends. Furthermore, he not only protects Mei from a stalker, he does it with a kiss…?!!


Review:

This is all new material for me, and I love it!
There’s a popularity contest coming up at school, and of course Yamato is entered.  And since the male and female winners are supposed to go on a date, Mei has to decide whether she’ll try for it as well.
This is a big growing moment for Mei.  She’s never been popular, doesn’t particularly like being in the public eye or being all dressed up.  But Yamato is important to her, and so she goes for it, and somehow gets in the top five.  She has less hope for it than anyone else, but she ends up being inspiring to a lot of her classmates.  It was an important moment for her, and I’m glad she did it.  It’s also good for her and Yamato, and I like seeing them happy and getting closer.
Megumi is also entered, and she’s pretty much a shoo-in.  I don’t mind Megumi so much anymore; I don’t trust her feelings for Yamato, but I like seeing her standing up for herself and doing what she wants, pushing herself to do more.  We also got to see a little bit of the other couples in the series, and that was nice.
This is a lovely, slightly smutty, mature series, and I love it.  I’m always excited for the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment