Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Manga Review: So, I Can't Play H, Volume 1, by Sho Okagiri, Pan Tachibana, and Yoshiaki Katsurai



Rating (Out of 5): ~2.5
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: April 21, 2015
Volumes: 5.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 2.

Goodreads Synopsis:

One day, first-class Grim Reaper Lisara, for her own reasons, secretly enters the human world. After searching in vain for her target, Lisara is completely exhausted. That's when Ryosuke Kaga approaches her. To help Lisara out, he leads her out of the rain and to his cozy home, where he tells her, "I will do anything to help you." When Lisara hears that, she suddenly embraces Ryosuke and......?!

Review:

I found this online for a good deal, so I thought why not. Yen Press has been releasing a lot of new series that sound interesting, so I’ve just been giving a whole bunch of them a shot, figuring some I’ll stick with and some I won’t. I’ve found some real winners. This one wasn’t one of those, sadly.
This isn’t my normal genre of manga, but I have seen some good ecchi harem animes, and I know they can be done well. The artwork was pretty, the storyline sounded interesting. I was hoping this would be good.
The art is probably the best part of this. The main character is a perv, and he’s extremely open about it. I actually kind of appreciated that, but it was possibly a little over the top. I didn’t care much for the girl, or really the whole storyline. But mostly the characters themselves and the humor didn’t work for me. It just felt flat, didn’t flow as well as it could have. And I didn’t care or grow attached to any of the characters.
I just wasn’t impressed, and I’m probably not going to stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment