Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Manga Review: Kiss of the Rose Princess, Volume 5, by Aya Shouoto



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: July 2015
Volumes: 9
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 4. 6.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Anise Yamamoto has been told that if she ever removes the rose choker given to her by her father, a terrible punishment will befall her. Unfortunately she loses that choker when a bat-like being falls from the sky and hits her. Anise is granted four cards representing four knights whom she can summon with a kiss. But now that she has these gorgeous men at her beck and call, what exactly is her quest?! 

Review:

There’s so many princesses and knights at this point, real and fake, all colors of the rainbow. Anise’s father is kind of terrible, too, turning on his daughter to make fake ones. There are a lot of fakes at this point, and most of them haven’t left too much of an impression. I’m expecting them to get more focus pretty soon, though. There’s got to be some kind of climax coming.
Then there’s Anise’s knights, who are all getting serious about her. Mitsuru is getting closer to her, and then something about Mutsuki is revealed. Seiran is still falling a little in the background, but I still think he’s fighting for her. Kaede is still my favorite, and I think he’s starting to realize he has to do something about his feelings. In particular, there are a couple scenes between him and Anise that I find quite adorable.
This series is a fluffier shojo than her others, and I really like it. It’s what I tend to look for in a shojo series, and I’m a big fan of it. Plus, the color pages in this volume are so gorgeous. 
I’m always excited for the next one in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment