Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Manga Review: Kiss Him, Not Me!, Volume 3, by Junko



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: February 2016
Volumes: 8+
Spoilers?: Not really.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Hi! it's Kae here! Recently, I made a new friend. Her name is Shima and she's the most handsome girl I've ever met in my life!

…And guess what else? She also happens to be one of my favorite doujin authors ever! I mean, how much cooler can you get?!

But it doesn't stop there—she invited me over to her house and the most unbelievable thing happened!!

It looks like the boys have some tough competition. Let’s see if they can keep up…

Review:

I can’t believe how good this series is. I just love it.
We meet a new character in this volume: Nishina, a girl, who writes doujin. She’s practically Kae’s girl crush, and Nishina hits on Kae unashamedly. Kae still doesn’t know how to handle this, but she is in heaven with Nishina’s BL-similarities.
The boys are thrown for a real loop, though, when Kae gains her weight back. At this occurrence, we see what boys are really in this for Kae, not for her looks. I do like that this is used in a humorous way, even though a couple of the guys are jerks about it. But it proves that there really is only one guy in this for her, who’s fallen for her for real. And I’m already a fan of him.
I like that this also shows that the way Kae looks isn’t that important. Nishina finds appeal in Kae no matter what she looks like, that Mutsuma is just a great friend, and that Kae doesn’t really care. She’s not self-conscious at all, doesn’t care what her body looks like, and I love that.
I love this series. I’m hooked. Gimme more.

No comments:

Post a Comment