Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Manga Review: So Cute It Hurts!!, Volume 5, by Go Ikeyamada



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: February 2016
Volumes: 15.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 4. 6.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The Kobayashi twins, Megumu and Mitsuru, were named after historical figures, but only Megumu has grown up with a taste for history. So when Mitsuru is in danger of losing his weekends to extra history classes, he convinces his sister to swap clothes with him and ace his tests! After all, how hard can it be for them to play each other?

Things between Megumu and Aoi couldn’t be better! They’re even managing to navigate Aoi’s need to stay two feet away from women, and they go on some cute dates. But her twin brother Mitsuru’s love life isn’t going as smoothly. He’s fallen head over heels for Aoi’s sister Shino, but it looks like Shino’s heart belongs to someone else. Mitsuru’s used to fighting, but will he figure out how to fight for love?!

Review:

We get to see Shino’s romance in this volume. Which just pushes forward the fact that Mitsuru really has no chance with her. She’s in love with someone else, and he’s a sweet guy who likes her back.
We get to see more cuteness between Megumu and Aoi. I am a fan of them and think they are quite adorable. They’re growing closer, emotionally and physically, and being very lovey-dovey with each other. It is adorable.
Next I can tell we’re going to see a real romance start to form between Mitsuru and Azusa. I think that one will be a bit more difficult, but I’m sure it’ll be funny to watch, and cute in the end.
I’m mostly just okay with this series. I don’t love it, I don’t hate it. I don’t really care much for the characters. At times I think they’re adorable, other times I find them and the writing very annoying. It goes back and forth so much I don’t know what to think anymore.
If I keep going with this series, it’ll be slowly, and only when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment