Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Manga Review: Yotsuba&!, Volume 12, by Kiyohiko Azuma



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: 2013
Volumes: 13+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 6. 13.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Oops! Your shoe! Your shoe! Your shoe came untied! But don't worry! Tora taught Yotsuba how to tie a bow like a butterfly! Now Yotsuba can tie Juralumin's ribbon aaaall by herself. Huh? Why are Yotsuba's hands blue? Well, see, there was this reeeally pretty blue paint...and Yotsuba thought Daddy would want his stuff to be reeeally pretty blue too... Are Yotsuba's hands gonna stay blue forever and ever?!!

Review:

My god, I just need infinite amounts of this series. It should be never ending. Why are there not already like a hundred volumes of this?
Yotsuba is the most adorable kid in the world and I hope I have a kid like her someday. She’s learning, she's getting older. She’s not in school yet, so she just explores and has fun all day every day. I love that she learns something new all the time, that she misspells and mispronounces words all the time, that she’s learning not to lie or make up stories. It’s realistic in that way to me. And I also like that, while her dad lets her do most of what she wants and have fun and go out with friends, she has rules, and she gets punished when she does something wrong. Her dad has rules for her, like he should, but he also clearly loves her and plays along with what she wants, lets her be herself.
This is the way to parent, you guys.
I’m so, so upset that I’m all caught up. It came way too fast, and it’s going to be a long time before another volume comes out. It sucks, and I will probably reread the previous volumes while I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment