Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Manga Review: Love Stage!!, Volume 3, by Eiki Eiki and Taishi Zaou



Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: SuBLime (VIZ Media)
Release Date: September 2015
Volumes: 6+
Spoilers?: Some.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:


Izumi Sena is an average guy born into a family of famous celebrities. A college student and total otaku, he works hard every day with the goal of someday becoming a manga creator.


Review:

I really want to love this series. And I find it cute. The last couple volumes were really fun, and this one was as well.
I like how Ryoma just goes for it, he is unashamed of his love for Izumi. Even if he’s a little pushy at times, I mostly just enjoy it. And in this volume, Izumi realizes his own feelings for Ryoma. That leads to some sexy times, as well as some really cute moments. I love how Izumi just threw himself at Ryoma, and Ryoma tried to be respectful when he didn’t know what was going on. Izumi is kind of adorable at times, in the way that he relies on Ryoma, and Ryoma loves it.
My only real problem with this volume, is the attempted rape scene. The author tries to make a joke of it at one point, and that was distasteful to me, because it doesn’t change what the characters were doing. But it’s also used as an important moment where Izumi realizes his feelings for Ryoma, and I don’t like that he needed to be assaulted in order for that to happen. I guess I’m happy that he got himself out of the situation, instead of being saved, but otherwise it bothered me.
Aside from that, I enjoyed this volume. I like the romance between Izumi and Ryoma. I also enjoy Rei’s character a lot, and enjoyed the little glimpse we got between him and Shogo. The scene where Izumi asks Rei about gay sex had me laughing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment