Pages

Monday, September 5, 2016

Manga Review: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Volume 13, by Yuto Tsukuda, Shun Saeki, and Yuki Morisaki



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shonen Jump Advanced (VIZ Media)
Release Date: August 2, 2016
Volumes: 20+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 9. 14.

Goodreads Synopsis:


Three students survive the harsh trials of the preliminaries, winning their way into the finals. Which student will be the one to take home the crown as the winner of the Fall Classic?! Later, the furor of the Fall Classic has barely died down when Soma and the others are sent off to new battlefields! What is this new challenge that will test their desire to be chefs?


Review:

The classic tournament finally comes to a close in this volume. I missed a few volumes, so it sure seems like it took forever. Jeez.
I didn’t quite know what to expect for the winner, though I suppose it does make sense. I also just really like that character, and his storyline, and enjoy whenever he shows up. I like his romantic possibility especially, and I enjoyed seeing the backstory and how it developed.
After that, there’s some calm down time, and we see several characters practicing their cooking, trying to get better and learn more. And then, of course, we move onto another challenge, this one where they each have to work in a real restaurant, which I think is good. I like seeing how each of them help the place that they’re working. Though I do admit that seeing Erina working just drives me crazy; I do not like her. The way she just took over and started commanding in someone else’s kitchen just spoke stuck up bitch to me, and I would like to see her knocked down a peg. She needs to learn some humility.
This series is okay, and I don’t mind it. I even like a few of the characters. But there’s still way too much food explanation in the endless food competitions.

 A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment