Pages

Monday, September 26, 2016

Manga Review: Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign, Volume 10, by Takaya Kagami, Yamato Yamamoto, and Daisuke Furuya



Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Shonen Jump Advanced (VIZ Media)
Release Date: September 6, 2016
Volumes: 12+
Spoilers?: No.
Buy it here: Amazon.
Volume: 1.

Goodreads Synopsis:

After trumpets of the apocalypse proclaim the fall of humanity, vampires arise from the shadows to rule the earth. Yuichiro wants just one thing-to get revenge by killing each and every vampire.

After losing his mind to Asuramaru’s power in his attempt to save Guren, Yuichiro goes unconscious and is stolen away by Mika. When Yuichiro finally wakes up, he learns that Mika is dying from lack of human blood. Yuichiro offers Mika the choice to drink his blood and become a full vampire, but Mika has something very important to tell Yuichiro about the Seraph of the End project that could change his life.

Review:

I’m very intrigued by this series. I haven’t read any of the previous books, so I wasn’t sure what I was getting into. Firstly, the artwork is very pretty. The storyline and characters in this volume were good. It reminds me a little of 07-Ghost, but less complicated I think.
Given that I know nothing about any of these characters, I found the relationship between the two main characters in this one interesting. They’re friends that have been separated, and now one of them is trying to resist being a vampire. I liked seeing how they pushed each other, and how strong their bond was even after so long apart. The humor mixed in was also well-placed, I thought.
This was a pretty easy, fun volume to read. It does make me want to read the rest of it.

 A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment