Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

Novel Review: Sugar Daddies by Jade West



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance/Erotica; MMF
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: July 2016
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A sugar daddy website doesn’t seem a sound basis for an A1 life plan, but I’m a small town girl with big dreams, and there’s this one advert, this one crazy advert I can’t stop thinking about…

Two hot guys seeking their Little Miss Right.
Someone who can entertain them, amuse them, fit in with their corporate schedule.
And sex. They want sex.
Lots of sex.
Bonus, right? One major dose of epic win.

Of course, guys like Carl and Rick have their conditions. One being that they come together, or not at all.
Hell, I can live with that.

And there are no skeletons in their designer closet, none that I can find.
Just two hot sugar daddies, with particular tastes, nothing to worry about.

Until Carl and Rick spill the big one, the one that sends the girls running. A whole string of them before me, running to the hills without so much as a backward glance.

Maybe I should run, too. Thanks but no thanks, see you around, guys, nice knowing you.
But I’m already in way too deep for that.

Warning – as with every other Jade West book, reader discretion is highly advised. This novel contains vivid depictions of MMF / MM relationships, and Jade’s characters, as always, have very filthy mouths. Mature readers only, please.

The Cover:

I quite love this cover. I think it's pretty and eye-catching, and it shows what you're getting without being too cheesy, and without having two shirtless men which I appreciate.

Review:

As with all of Jade West books, I enjoyed this one. It’s not my favorite, but I liked it, and it was better than some.
Katie finds two men on a Sugar Daddies website, and decides to go for it. She needs some help in the money department, sure, but mostly she just wants to try it, to be with two guys and find out how much she wants it.
The smut is, of course, hot. It’s dirty, MMF, and I enjoyed it.
The beginning seemed a little one-sided, but about a quarter into the book, the chemistry and the attraction did start to feel real. I felt the love between the three of them, and I liked how they all worked through it. Carl and Rick are a solid couple from the beginning, and I appreciated that, and how neither of them ever wavered. Carl is also extremely honest, he doesn’t lie and he doesn’t like to hide things; I very much appreciated this. I think that Katie worked well with them, and it was obvious as their feelings grew how well they would all work out.
Katie also has a shaky relationship with her father, and her father’s family. She believes he abandoned her when she was little, and his other family dislikes her when she first meets him. Those feelings have only grown since she was little. I liked seeing how the truth came out about how things really happened, and how those relationships started to mend from there.
I quite enjoyed this book. It was fast and hot and sweet. I can’t wait for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment