Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Manga Review: Missions of Love, Volume 12, by Ema Toyama



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: April 2016
Volumes: 19.
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 11. 13.
Add on Goodreads 

RightStuf Synopsis:


When Yukina goes to Shigure’s house to apologize, her attempts are thwarted by the appearance of Shigure’s brother Hisame! This twisted sibling will do anything to discredit his brother and torment his beloved Mami, but what is he plotting this time? Meanwhile, Yukina and Akira are technically still a couple…
Includes special extras after the story!


Review:

We really get to see what Hisame, Shigure’s brother, is up to. And he’s really quite an asshole. He’s a jerk to Mami, ever since childhood he’s tormented her. He does it in some twisted form of affection, but it’s really not working in his favor.
I really just want Akira to jump in, but I’m strongly rooting for him and Mami, so I’m biased. Plus, I like how her feelings for him are growing, even if he’s too distracted by Yukine to notice.
Surprisingly, Yukine finds Hisame’s feelings more interesting and warranting studying, instead of being afraid or worried when he tries to force himself on her. It makes sense, though, and gives her more insight for her novels.
Her decision regarding Akira still bothers me, though, and I just want Akira to realize what’s happening and do something about it. I’m impressed with Mami here, though.
I want more. I just eat up these books, and these slow releases suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment