Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[13]: Saving June by Hannah Harrington

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TeaserTuesday participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

----------

This has been a pretty slow reading week for me. I start(ed) school this week, which is(n’t) exciting. I haven’t decided yet, as I haven’t been to all of my classes yet. (College… urgh?)
I’ve been reading a bit of manga, slowly getting through my stacks of books. Got quite a bit of reviewing done, though, which is very good, and makes me feel productive, which is always a good thing.
Here’s this weeks’ book:
Saving June by Hannah Harrington
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Goodreads Synopsis:

When her older sister commits suicide and her divorcing parents decide to divide the ashes, Harper Scott takes her sister's urn to the one place June always wanted to go: California. On the road with her best friend, plus an intriguing guy with a mysterious connection to June, Harper discovers truths about her sister, herself and life.

Excerpts:

“’I have this rule—‘ he pauses, fumbling with the knob to the house and pushing the door open, all the while holding me up with his other arm ‘—of not getting into philosophical debates when one party is sober and the other isn’t.’
‘Well, then you should’ve gotten drunk.’” (Paperback, pg. 114)

“The world is stupid, stupid and unfair. I can’t help but think that June would never have ended up with her head stuck in the toilet after a stupid bender. Or if she had, she wouldn’t been much more graceful about the whole thing than I am. That’s just the way she always was. She always better.” (Paperback, pg. 115)

            What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment