Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[12]: Smart Girls Think Twice by Cathie Linz (also, in which it's my blogoversary!)


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TeaserTuesday participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

---------

I have been getting some actual reading done lately, which is very nice. I posted something every day last week, but now it’s back to the normal schedule. My first class is tomorrow, and then I go to a full schedule of classes next week, which I am… not particularly excited for. Nervous, mostly; nervous is my main feeling toward that. I can only hope that it’s not terrible; fantastic, or even great, I think, would be much too far a thing to wish for.
In other news, today is my blogoversary. It’s been one year since I started this, which is… exciting and weird and makes me happy and feel like I should do something exciting. I don’t know what that would be, so we’ll (I’ll) see what happens.
Now, here’s what I’m reading at the moment:
Smart Girls Think Twice by Cathie Linz
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Penguin (Berkley Sensation)
                            
“’So if a guy is attracted to a girl, he thinks she’s complicated?’
‘Only if she really is complicated. And worthwhile.’” (Paperback, pg. 188)

“So how exactly has he ended up here with a dorky Mutt and a dorky Oliver? Neither had anything to do with his reason for being in Rock Creek in the first place […]. He was getting closer to that goal, but he kept getting distracted. Mostly by Emma.” (Paperback, pg. 189) [Tiny part taken out to avoid spoilers.]

So, what are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment