Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[10]: Love, Stargirl (Stargirl, #2) by Jerry Spinelli


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading! All you have to do to participate is:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TeaserTuesday participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

----------

This week, I’ve mostly been reading adult romances and manga. Nothing too exciting, and not too much, either.
I’m still working out what my set posting schedule will be. I’m planning on doing these every Tuesday, and reviews on the weekend, probably Saturday and Sunday mostly, and I’m thinking about doing one other meme during the week. Thursday, perhaps? I just haven’t decided what, yet. Plus I haven’t started school yet, and I don’t know what that will do to my schedule; hopefully not much, but you never know.
Anyway, what I’m reading right now (or am planning to start reading) is:
Love, Stargirl (Stargirl #2) by Jerry Spinelli
Publisher: Random House (Alfred A. Knopf/Borzoi Books)

“’Ironic,’ Betty Lou said at last. ‘The cereus insists on sunlight---that’s why it must be at the end of the yard. And yet it saves its flower for the moon. The sun never sees what it fathers.’
‘It takes from the day,’ I said, ‘gives to the night.’” (Paperback, pg. 104)

“There’s a banner across Bridge Street. Blood-red with black trembly letters:
                                          THE BLOB IS COMING!” (Paperback, pg. 105)

What are you reading right now (or hoping to be reading)?

No comments:

Post a Comment