Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Manga Review: Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Volume 17, by Karuho Shiina



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Publish Date: August, 2013
Volumes: 20+
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A bestselling tale of high-school romance with an (almost) supernatural twist. Sawako Kuronuma is the perfect heroine...for a horror movie. Nicknamed "Sadako" after the haunting movie character, everyone is afraid to come near her for fear of being cursed. But her whole life changes when she befriends the most popular boy in class, Shota Kazehaya.

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen audiences.

Review:

God, I love this series. I have no idea how much longer it’s going to go, how much more story there is to go through, what exactly is coming, and I’m loving it. We’re getting slow releases at this point, sadly, but I’m okay with that.
This volume contained a long Christmas party. There was some drama for everyone, too. Between Chizu and Ryu, which was very needed, then something between Yano and Kento (droopy eyes), which I was expecting but am still unsure of. I think Yano needs to mature some more, and hopefully this helps. Then Pin showed up and caused some hilarity.
And then, finally!, there’s a very big, very important, very emotional scene between Sawako and Kazehaya that almost had me crying and grinning at the same time. I’m not going to go into detail, but it was everything that I was waiting for. I love them so much, and this confrontation was so needed. And Sawako took the lead a bit, which I’m happy to see her do. She’s growing her self-esteem and confidence, and that’s really good. 
The next book cannot get here fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment