Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Manga Review: Kodocha: Sana's Stage, Volume 10, by Miho Obana



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: Tokyopop
Publish Date: 2003
Volumes: 10
Spoilers?: No.
Buy it here: Amazon. Barnes and Noble. Powells. (Out-of-Print)

Goodreads Synopsis:

Take one young actress used to getting her way, add a handful of ruthless bullies, some humorous twists, and a plastic toy hammer, and you've got the recipe for one crazy story Kodocha follows the antics of Sana, a spoiled 11-year-old TV star, and Hayama, a 6th grade Machiavelli who terrorizes both his teachers and his classmates. In their classroom war of wills, Sana and Hayama find there is more to both of them than meets the eye.

What Will I Miss?:

  • Everything.
  • The characters. I loved everyone, pretty much, and will miss all of the interactions: Rei, Sana's mother, their friends.
  • Sana and Akito. I love them.

Review:

I’m going to miss this series. It was just so good.
This was such a good ending, too. It was sad and sweet and fitting. There was a lot of crying, some emotional breakthroughs, some very needed conversations. Sana and Akito are just so mature for their age, and so in love. They belong together, forever, because they are completely perfect for each other, and I completely believe that they’d be able to stay together and grow together and help each other through everything. Their relationship just gets me all emotional because I feel so strongly about it.
I’m going to miss each of the characters, actually. Because everyone was so defined, with their own personality and growth. 
I’m just going to miss this series so much, and I’m sure it’s one that I could go back to and re-read, solely for Sana and Akito’s relationship. This was an overly sweet, heartwarming, funny, cute, sad story, in such an even mix. It’s definitely one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment