Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Manga Review: Deadman Wonderland, Volume 3, by Jinsei Kataoka and Kazuma Kondou



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: VIZ Media
Release Date: June 10, 2014
Volumes: 13
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Ganta enters the Carnival Corpse, a battle between two Branch of Sin users. Ganta's next opponent is a timid girl; can he even take her on? Meanwhile, deep in the bowels of the prison, the warden stands face to face with the Red Man. Who really murdered Ganta's friends?

Review:

All of the characters in this series are just turning out to be psychotic, and I don’t know how to take that. We officially meet a new character in this series, and there is seriously something wrong with her, even if it does get explained why. And I feel bad for Yo about it.
There’s a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, with the people in charge. Then we meet some underground people who can do things, you know, work things out, who want to go against the games and the people in charge. I’m not really sure how any of that is going to work out, though.
And I kind of don’t even want to breach the subject of what happened with Shiro. I don’t know how to handle what was revealed about her in this volume, because I’m so surprised, and so completely confounded by it. I don’t understand why she did it. I even feel a little betrayed.
The next volume is definitely going to be interesting. I want to find out more about Shiro, and why, and I want to see what Yo does, if anything. There’s also sure to be some more games and horrible violence, and I will cringe, but I’m mostly interested in Shiro, because I’m not even sure what to think anymore.
Also, I might have said this already, but I do really like the color pages. The one in this volume was rather pretty, and they’re all just so nice to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment