Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Manga Review: Dengeki Daisy, Volume 14, by Kyousuke Motomi



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: June 3, 2014
Volumes: 16
Spoilers?: No, kept vague.
Volume: 1. 13. 15.

Goodreads Synopsis:

After orphan Teru Kurebayashi loses her beloved older brother, she finds solace in the messages she exchanges with DAISY, an enigmatic figure who can only be reached through the cell phone her brother left her. Meanwhile, mysterious Tasuku Kurosaki always seems to be around whenever Teru needs help… Could DAISY be a lot closer than Teru thinks?

Review:

This volume was just full of surprises, and I wasn’t expecting any of them.
First, with something calmer. A big step was taken between Teru and Kurosaki. The moment we’ve all been waiting for. And it was super fantastic. They’re just so cute together. There are a few couple-y moments between them in this volume, and I love them all. They’re just so cute and shy with each other, it’s so sweet.
I also like Teru’s friends, and their interactions. Particularly the way they push Teru, and the girl talk they have about Kurosaki. Her friends don’t have a big part in the plot anymore, and I have a hard time remembering their names, but I do like that they’re all there for Teru (and Kurosaki). It’s good that Teru has them.
Now the really big thing. We got a surprising revelation about Akira and M’s Last Testament. I’ve been thinking for a while now that there was something deeper going on with Akira, but I had no clue it was this big. And while I completely understand Teru’s stance on it, and was happily surprised by what that did to her character, I really want them to help him. It’s seemed for a while now like they were going to bring him to their side, and now I’m excited to see how that works. Akira is frustrating, and obviously needs a lot of help, but I’m excited and really intrigued by what we discovered in this volume.
This series only has a couple volumes left, and I’m excited to see how it all wraps up. I’m pretty much just excited to see where the plot goes from here. (Also, of course, Teru and Kurosaki’s relationship.)

No comments:

Post a Comment