Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Manga Review: Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Volume 19, by Karuho Shiina



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: June 3, 2014
Volumes: 21+
Spoilers?: Not really.
Volume: 1. 18. 20.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Sawako Kuronuma is the perfect heroine...for a horror movie. Nicknamed "Sadako" after the haunting movie character, everyone is afraid to come near her for fear of being cursed. But her whole life changes when she befriends the most popular boy in class, Shota Kazehaya.

As Sawako and her friends ring in the new year, big changes loom on the horizon. Some are good, like the blossoming relationships between Ayane and Kento, and Chizu and Ryu. But some are scary, like choosing a future career path. Can Sawako find the courage to follow her heart and pursue her own happiness?


Review:

This series is just perfect. I’m practically just repeating myself with how much I love this series at this point. Because I do.
It’s New Years Eve and Sawako’s birthday now, and all three of the couples are still settling into their relationships. And they’re all super adorable. Sawako and Kazehaya are my favorite, and they’re super cute and sweet, and they hold hands. Chizu and Ryu are slowly getting back to normal, with Chizu prone to freak out over everything. Ayane and Kento are probably my least favorite, although I still really like Ayane. Something about them together just isn’t quite working for me, or at least isn’t making me overly excited. Kento is being really sweet with her, though.
We saw quite a bit of Pin in this one, and he was actually really helpful to Sawako, and pushed her in a good way. We also got to find out some of his backstory, and why he decided to become a teacher. That was surprising, and really nice. His and Ayane’s attraction had dwindled the last few volumes, but it was kind of there again in this one. Their interactions are generally just entertaining, but they’ve also been helping Ayane to grow and see things, which is good. Even as just friends, I like seeing them together.
Then school starts up again, and the group are all pushed to make life decisions after school. Sawako is surprisingly the only one who hasn’t really thought about it, and I’m looking forward to her making a decision later. The others' decisions made sense, although it seems like most of them are still getting used to what they’ve decided. Which leads us to the end of the volume, which was a very surprising cliffhanger. And it makes me really excited to see what happens in the next volume.
This is just one of my absolute favorite series. It’s sweet and girly and just blissful. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment