Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Manga Review: My Little Monster, Volume 2, by Robico



Rating (Out of 5): ~3-3.5
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: May 27, 2014
Volumes: 12 + 1
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Haru's big brother suddenly appears with unclear motives. What is clear is Haru's hatred for his big brother. Haru disappears at the sight of his big brother and Mizutani is left with even more questions about Haru. What are her feelings for him? How can she make him like her? And what is the deal with his big brother?

Review:

I want to love this series. And I am enjoying it. But it just doesn’t have me super excited for it.
It’s cute, there’s some good humor in this. Maybe I’m just not attached to the characters enough. And I don’t really love any of them. Mizutani isn’t bad, and I do like seeing her grow and figure out her feelings. I don’t mind Haru, either, although I think I thought I would find him more adorable or something. There are other minor characters, and I like them enough.
We met a new character in this volume, who might be competition for Mizutani. We also met Haru’s brother, which caused some drama from Haru and for Mizutani.
I’m just not hugely attached, or in love with anything. It’s not really grabbing me. I want it to, really badly. But it’s not.
I’m still definitely going to be sticking out this series for a while longer, and I hope it really hooks me soon. But right now, it’s not.

No comments:

Post a Comment