Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Manga Review: Phantom Thief Jeanne, Volume 3, by Arina Tanemura



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: July 1, 2014
Volumes: 5
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.
Add it on Goodreads.

VIZ Media Synopsis:

A stranger has witnessed Jeanne’s transformation, and Maron worries that the police will soon find out her real identity. Chiaki again asks Maron to go out with him, but she refuses because they are on opposing sides. But if Chiaki is truly her enemy, why is he asking his partner, Access, if he’s been working for the Demon Lord?

Review:

Now this series is getting really exciting. I love it.
We meet a new character in this volume, Hijiri, and that leads to the Jeanne plotline getting serious. Maron being a reincarnation of Jeanne d’Arc hasn’t really been important till now, but now it really is. I won’t spoil why, though. I will say I’m not a huge fan of Hijiri, though, particularly when he tries to force himself on Maron.
Then there’s a few chapters where Maron meets an ill boy being possessed by a demon, and has to deal with the decision to exorcize the demon or not. I remember the boy from my previous read, and was not quite as emotional this time, but it’s still sad, and I still really like him. His parents kind of upset me, though, because I don’t agree with their decision.
This leads to a confrontation with Chiaki, and the revelation of something that has been hidden from Maron from the start. And it’s kind of horrible. It’s a huge betrayal, and the cliffhanger is really horrible. I can’t wait for the next volume, so I can read where the story goes next.
I’m loving getting to read this series again. And now that the story is getting serious, and into the more exciting plotline development, I’m really excited about it. It’s getting to the really good stuff now.

No comments:

Post a Comment